Friday, February 5, 2010

Voice for Equality Update: Saints Linebacker, Scott Fujita

The Advocate
February 3, 2010

While New Orleans Saints linebacker Scott Fujita, one of Freedom to Marry's Voices for Equality, was gearing up for Super Bowl XLIV, he spoke to The Advocate about standing up for gay rights and against inequality. Commenting on another Voice for Equality from the NFL, Brendan Ayanbadejo, Fujita said:
I thought what Brendan wrote was incredibly insightful, thought-provoking, and completely on point. And many people would call it courageous. But if Brendan's like me, I don't know if he'd consider what we've done all that courageous. We have strong feelings about equal rights, and to me, expressing those feelings isn't courageous, it's the right thing to do. I think there will be a third player who expresses support for gay marriage ... and a fourth player, and a fifth, and so on. [Link]

No comments: